This age long problems that have claimed thousands of lives before 2015 have been receiving special attention despite some unfortunate deaths that still occurred after 2015.
- Establishment of a 10-person Special Committee set up by the National Economic Council in January 2018 and headed by the Vice President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo to find a lasting solution to the problem.
- Deployment of a Joint Military Intervention Force (JMIF), in Kanfanin Doka Village, Birnin-Gwari, Kaduna State.
- Establishment of a new Area Command and two additional Divisional Police Headquarters in the Birnin Gwari Local Government Area of Kaduna State.
- Establishment by Nigerian Air Force of Quick Response Wings (QRW) in Benue, Nasarawa and Taraba States, and a Quick Response Group in Gusau, Zamfara State.NAF Special Forces have been deployed to all of these locations A NAF Forward Operating Base (FOB)will shortly be established in Birnin Gwari, Kaduna State.
- New Mobile Squadron in Takum, Taraba State established by Nigeria Police Force.
- Nigerian Air Force has in last three years acquired/purchased 18 new aircrafts and reactivated 13 previously unserviceable ones.
- Nigeria successfully paid on schedule for the Tucano Fighter Jets to be delivered in 2019/2020 after being denied access to the fighter jets during the last administration.
- Six successful military operations and exercises across the country.
- As a result of major arrests of leaders and operatives of crime syndicates across the country, (including the notorious Evans), kidnappings have drastically reduced.